From the woods to the mills and mills to the consumer, transportation is critical to the forest products industry! Commercial Auto Insurance is a policy of physical damage and liability coverages for amounts, situations, and usage not covered by a personal auto policy. The policy is typically written on a combined single limit (CSL) of 1 million. Physical damage can be written on actual cash value (ACV) or on a stated amount basis. Commercial Auto policies can be overwhelming, complex and utterly diverse. Here are a few coverages we can easily assist with:
Limits up to $2 million—plus, we transmit state and federal filings promptly to get your customers in business fast.
MOTOR TRUCK CARGO*
Covers the value of the cargo they haul as well as additional costs such as debris removal, earned freight charges and more—with separate limits and no additional deductible.
MOTOR TRUCK GENERAL LIABILITY (GL)
Meets a trucker’s contractual requirement for GL, which pays for damage caused by them when they’re not driving.
RENTAL WITH DOWNTIME
Provides truckers with a temporary rental if their vehicle is down due to a covered cause of loss—or we’ll pay the daily maximum limit to cover expenses if they can’t work.
Many business partners require that for-hire risks carry excess liability coverage for all vehicles in service to their business, whether owned by the business or not.
MOTOR TRUCK CARGO
- PERMANENTLY ATTACHED EQUIPMENT Provides additional coverage for equipment (loaders and tarping systems) included in the stated amount.
- COMPREHENSIVE ONLY Makes it easy for customers to continue coverage when storing vehicles during the off-season.
- TRAILER INTERCHANGE Provides additional coverage to any non-owned trailer a trucker is using; it’s normally required when hauling a trailer under a Trailer Interchange Agreement.
PHYSICAL DAMAGE ONLY
Protects customers who have their primary liability somewhere else and only need Collision and either Comprehensive or Fire and Theft with Combined Additional Coverage insurance (CAC).
- P.O. Box 19467Raleigh, NC 27619-9467
- 8am to 6pm ESTMonday to Friday